Back Pain, Lower Back Pain, Low Back Pain
Nearly 80% of Americans will experience low back pain during their lifetime. Of these, 3% to 4% of are temporarily disabled and 1% of the working-aged population will become disabled completely or permanently. Back pain is the second most common reason for visits to the doctor’s office exceeded only by upper-respiration infections.
Studies show that when back pain is not treated, it may go away temporarily but will most likely return. Chiropractic spinal manipulation (adjustment) is a safe and effective treatment for various types of back pain. It reduces pain, decreases the use of medication, and rapidly advances the positive effects of exercise therapies.
How Our Doctors Can Help You
If you visit Provance Chiropractic clinic because you are experiencing back pain:
- You’ll receive a thorough examination by our doctors to determine the structure(s) involved
- If the structures are identified to be joint biomechanical imbalances or spinal disc injury, specific chiropractic manipulation (adjustments) can be performed
- We utilize physical modalities such as Interferential Current, Electric Muscle Stimulation, and Ultrasound Therapy to treat the affected region(s), to help diminish pain, swelling and muscle spasms
- A proper rehabilitation program is necessary to strengthen the muscles for optimal support and to prevent recurrent episodes of pain
- Our doctors will discuss proper workplace ergonomics and activities of daily living to help decrease unnecessary stressors on your back
Did you know?
A patient information article published in the Journal of the American Medical Association suggested chiropractic care as an option for people suffering from low back pain, noting that surgery is usually not needed and should only be tried if other therapies fail.