Acute Neck Pain and Chronic Neck Pain
Research has shown that chiropractic manipulation (adjustment) exceeds medication or exercises for a variety of conditions that cause sudden or chronic neck pain, and provides longer lasting relief.
The Causes of Cervical Neck Pain
Common triggers of cervical neck pain are associated with:
- Neck injuries such as whiplash (Cervical Acceleration / Deceleration) or athletic sprains
- Stressors of the neck from sleeping incorrectly, sitting for long periods, or the stress of daily life
How Our Doctors Can Help You
Our doctors will perform a thorough history and examination to determine what may be causing your neck pain. X-rays may show narrowed disc space, bone spurs, spinal stenosis, arthritis or other findings. Patients are offered great relief of their neck pain with our treatments. In addition to chiropractic adjustments (manipulation) for you neck pain, your treatment plan may include:
- Interferential Current and ice to diminish neck injury swelling and pain
- Electric Muscle Stimulation with wet heat and massage to relax muscle spasms
- Rehabilitative exercises, addressing postural stressors, and topical lotions for pain relief
Headaches affect both children and adults. The most common disorder of the nervous system, they affect 47% of the adult population more than once a year. Chiropractic care offers you a non-surgical, drug-free approach that often can provide relief with several visits.
Depending on the type of headache you have, our doctors can treat your condition in a variety of ways. Specific joint manipulation (adjustments) can be used to improve joint, nerve and muscle function and release pressure to the affected regions. Nutritional supplements, muscle work, relaxation techniques, and postural exercises are also included to enhance your treatment and provide lasting relief.
The Types of Headaches Treated by Chiropractic:
- Migraine Headaches are debilitating, can last from a few hours to several days and will often cause one to lay down in a silent, cool room
- Tension Headaches are related to tight muscles, stress, poor posture, diet and trauma
- Chronic Daily Headaches are headaches that occur more than 15 days per month
- Cervicogenic Headaches are related to degenerative arthritis of the spine, poor posture, and trauma
- TMJ Headaches can be caused by grinding your teeth while sleeping, worsen with chewing and can include popping or jaw pain