Headaches affect both children and adults. The most common disorder of the nervous system, they affect 47% of the adult population more than once a year. Chiropractic care offers you a non-surgical, drug-free approach that often can provide relief with several visits.
The Types of Headaches Treated by Chiropractic
- Migraine Headaches are debilitating, can last from a few hours to several days and will often cause one to lay down in a silent, cool room
- Tension Headaches are related to tight muscles, stress, poor posture, diet and trauma
- Chronic Daily Headaches are headaches that occur more than 15 days per month
- Cervicogenic Headaches are related to degenerative arthritis of the spine, poor posture, and trauma
- TMJ Headaches can be caused by grinding your teeth while sleeping, worsen with chewing and can include popping or jaw pain
How Our Doctors Can Help You
Depending on the type of headache you have, our doctors can treat your condition in a variety of ways. Specific joint manipulation (adjustments) can be used to improve joint, nerve and muscle function and release pressure to the affected regions. Nutritional supplements, muscle work, relaxation techniques, and postural exercises are also included to enhance your treatment and provide lasting relief.