Acute Neck Pain and Chronic Neck Pain
Research has shown that chiropractic manipulation (adjustment) exceeds medication or exercises for a variety of conditions that cause sudden or chronic neck pain, and provides longer lasting relief.
The Causes of Neck Pain
Common triggers of neck pain are associated with:
- Injuries such as whiplash or athletic sprains
- Stressors of the neck from sleeping incorrectly, sitting for long periods, or the stress of daily life
How Our Doctors Can Help You
Our doctors will perform a thorough history and examination to determine what may be causing your neck pain. X-rays may show narrowed disc space, bone spurs, spinal stenosis, arthritis or other findings. Patients are offered great relief with our treatments.
In addition to manipulation, your treatment plan may include:
- Interferential Current and ice to diminish swelling and pain
- Electric muscle stimulation with wet heat and massage to relax muscle spasms
- Rehabilitative exercises, addressing postural stressors, and topical lotions for pain relief